A mouthwash is an oral rinse that can be used to clean away excess food debris and to freshen your breath. However, there are many other benefits to adding a mouthwash to your oral hygiene routine. Here are five ways a mouthwash can help you.
- Those who use a mouthwash along with routine brushing and flossing can have improved oral health.
- Cosmetic mouthwashes can mask bad breath. If you use a therapeutic mouthwash, it goes to the source of the problem and fights the bacteria which cause bad breath.
- Mouthwashes can reduce the speed of plaque and tartar formation, which in turn reduces the risk for cavities and gingivitis, especially if the mouthwash contains the fluoride mineral.
- A mouthwash can be a beneficial addition to the oral hygiene routine of those who struggle with brushing and flossing (such as the elderly or those with arthritis).
- There are mouthwashes available that specifically treat problems like periodontal disease, dry mouth, and cavities.
We invite you to call Foster Dental to ask our dentist for a mouthwash recommendation. When you use a mouthwash in addition to brushing and flossing, you can have stronger teeth, healthier gums, and a brighter smile.