Did you know caring for your toothbrush is another way to care for your teeth? Here at Foster Dental, we care about your oral health including helping people to understand how to care for the tools they use to help their smile stay healthy and white. Toothbrush care consists of simple steps. These steps include:
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Foster Dental. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Anthony Foster, please call us at 718-673-8060, or visit our office in Brooklyn, New York. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!